Tuesday, October 07, 2008

DC, Day One: Georgetown and Air & Space Museum

First shot, at the Grandparents' house. Mom looks great. Francesca looks 22.

After our trip to the spy museum, we went shopping in Georgetown.
I took all these shots with my mobile. Camera phones have come a looooong way.

Wisconsin & M st. The rare times I had money in the '80s, I'd make a beeline for Nathans.


Papa Razzo. The first of many of these wonderful poses by my beautiful daughter. "Stop! You are such a tourist!"

Anyway: Blues Alley. Spiro Gyra's playing. I once had most of their albums, back in my Tower Records clerk days.


Then I dragged Francesca to the Air & Space Museum, where she was beyond bored.


Look, one of the first computers! Because I am an über geek.

Five full-sized aircraft in this shot.

I like the lighting on this one.

Rocket Man. Burning out his fuse up here alone.
At one point, there was an exhibit on flight dynamics - pitch, roll. She pointed to "yaw," and said, "Oh migod! Where's the 'N'?"
That wacky sculpture at the back of the museum. Francesca took this one - nice shot. Then I chased her around, also trying to get a nice shot. To no avail.
Up Next: Visiting the Hirshhorn solo, while the grands take their much-relieved granddaughter shopping.
"Continuum," by Charles O. Perry