Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Dad Day

I had a really fantastic day. The kids made me a wonderful card, even got to brew a batch of beer. Plus not only a a Father's Day fax, but we got a phone call from Francesca at camp. Received an AMAZING amp for my guitar, wow. Dad said he and Mom went to brunch at Morty's, then Dad had a short American Spirit Sunday tour to give. We sent him the new Deadliest Catch book, Time Bandit, and a bottle of home brew.

This has been a difficult Father's Day for the extended family. It's hard for me to know what to do or say. But I do know, for sure, that I love my Dad very much, and he's always been there for me, every day, for 43 years. I don't understand why I got so lucky. When my family and friends are in pain, I wish I knew how to make them better. I love my family, painfully, and all the families in it.