Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rock On Peter


Today on a whim, I checked out the personal web site of a friend and former boss. I was delighted to see he updated his "About Me" page. When I read this, I almost lost it:

"I landed a position as Director of Knowledge Management for a venture-funded start-up software company, and also sat on the Corporate Executive Committee. One of the key tragedies of my life was when our CEO, and my friend, unexpectedly passed away from a sudden heart attack. The company did not survive the shock."

I was his first employee in that position. He needed a tech writer, and hired me on the spot. Peter is amazing and wonderful, and I took a shine to him immediately. His brother David is also quite interesting (he runs the Bodhi Foundation out of his house here in Austin). When we lost Pat, we grieved as a family. He's right - we never got over it.

Anyway, allow me to introduce you to Peter, a singularly unique and excellent person. He, to me, is another reminder that, no matter what we lose, all is not lost.