Thursday, July 05, 2007

Crouching Bunker, Circled Wagons

Dad sent me the Washington Post series on our psychopathic thug of a VP, Angler "What a Dick" Cheney. I'm halfway through; so far it's fantastic.

Also came across this Post article, by staff writer Peter Baker, from a few days ago.

"In public and in private, according to intimates, he (Dubya) exhibits an inexorable upbeat energy that defies the political storms. Even when he convenes philosophical discussions with scholars, he avoids second-guessing his actions. He still acts as if he were master of the universe, even if the rest of Washington no longer sees him that way.

'You don't get any feeling of somebody crouching down in the bunker,' said Irwin M. Stelzer, a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute who was part of one group of scholars who met with Bush. "This is either extraordinary self-confidence or out of touch with reality. I can't tell you which.'"

I can! Me, me! Pick me! Ooo, I know! Teacher, I can tell you which!



It is federal law that the VP must stand this far behind the President when his pants are on fire.